Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

S is for...

S is for Shower Curtains!  Woot Woot! The craziness of owning a new house continues.  Well, this did happen back in June, but I think it is worthy of posting.  
So back when we were painting the house, I had this moment of insanity that John indulged. I looked up halfway through one of the main rooms that we were painting the neutral tan, and I decided that it would be cool to paint all the bathrooms different colors.  I know, I could have blamed it on the paint fumes, but we were using latex paint.  I think it turned out great though, and I still like my bathrooms.  :)  I grabbed several paint chip choices and John narrowed down the field, and we ended up with lavender in the basement, mauve in the guest room, and sea-foam in the master bath (the half-bath downstairs was already done in tan at this point, so we left it alone).  The only thing I would change would have been to do the purple in the master bath, but John wanted neither a pink nor purple bathroom.  I wasn't going to be THAT girlfriend, but I love that purple bathroom!  I don't know why.
Soooo... in the first afternoon or so after we moved in officially, we realized that we did not have all those little things that go in a bathroom, like bath mats, cups, trashcans, and shower curtains.  oopsie.  Off I run to Target for a ridiculously-priced bathroom shopping spree.  I can back laden with the basic necessities for four bathrooms, but I might have splurged a little on the shower curtains.  Now, when I say splurge, I don't mean buying the $40 curtains (they were there, believe me), but I feel that what I paid for them was a little excessive for just a big sheet of fabric.  Nevertheless, I like them all.  And the green one even matches the wall color!
  
 

No comments: