Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Don't Read without Tissues!

WARNING:  Tears ahead.  I'm serious, this poem really just made me tear up ... a lot.  Maybe because I'm a cat person or maybe because all my cats have been rescues, I don't know.  But you have been warned!  Get the tissues!

Thanks to the Snuggles Project website.  Check them out, they are a great charity!


Stray Cat
    by Franic Witham



Oh, what unhappy twist of fate
Has brought you, homeless to my gate?
The gate where once another stood
To beg for shelter, warmth, and food.


For from that day I ceased to be
The master of my destiny.
While he, with purr and velvet paw
Became within my house, The Law.


He scratched the furniture and shed
And claimed the middle of my bed.
He ruled in arrogance and in pride
And broke my heart the day he died.


So if you really think, oh cat,
I'd willingly relive all that
Because you come, forlorn and thin
Well...don't just stand there...come on in!

No comments: