Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Not that I am fishing for presents (really, I''m not) but I just had to share my birthday cake with you all. First off, though, I have to admit, I was doubting if I would get a cake this year, as I am the baker of the household. John cooks really well, but a main factor of our cohabitation is that he is the Chef and I am the Baker. Want a steak? Go to John. Want cookies or pie or bread? See me. So you can see how I was in doubt of getting a birthday cake that I would not have to make myself. (And frankly, making your own birthday cake is more depressing than not having one at all.)

So. We all went out to a REEEEEALLLLY nice dinner over in Richmond yesterday, and part of the nice-ness was asking if we were celebrating anything. Mom, and her irrational hatred of restraunts that sing for birthday parties, was about to say "NO!" ...though I reminded her that she can't lie when she is holding a big bag that says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" across it (she was). And, they didn't do anything crazy during the meal, but when dessert was brought out, this is what I got:


And the swirlies were chocolate, caramel, and raspberry drizzle! yummy.... cake. I like cake.

No comments: