Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kitty!

Did I already make very clear that my cat is weird? The family cat back home, Mr. Frank, was Siamese and worked very hard to maintain his dignity, even when he was falling off the back of the couch because he was chasing dust mites. You always knew that he meant to do that. But Harvey.... well, let's just say Harvey doesn't try to maintain that "cool cat" attitude. He's a bit of a dingbat. Mentally challenged? Fuzz-headed? What is the appropriate word? Let's just say that in the mornings, he cries from the living room because he has lost me... because I have gone upstairs and he can't find me!

In all fairness, he's got Feline HIV, and maybe that affects his mental state... or maybe he's a Lover, not a Thinker.

And so I present to you, a montage of my fluffy kitty:


He's got fluffy toes! How weird is that? Toe feelers! Just on the back feet, though. Makes it really funny when he lose traction on the tile floor because of the fluff.


This was his favorite spot for a while. Overlooking the stairway... I don't know why.


I got a new laptop bag... and he got my old one.


Did I mention he steals bags?


Weird up-side down kitty head. He very much likes the stairway. Lets him look over the living room without getting spooked by whatever is happening at the moment. He's a real 'fraidy-cat. In fact, I think the term "scaredy-cat" was made because of Harvey. He spooks at ANYthing!


More in the album, "Weird place the kitty likes to sit"


Okay. So this last bit is 1) me playing with the video function on my camera, and 2) documenting the weird tongue-tail nerve connection in cats. All cat-people know that kitties love their spine scratched, but what not all people know is that somehow, the nerves in the tail connect to the nerves in the tongue. And when stimulated, the one will elicit a response in the other. Observe HarveyCat demonstrating: (so weird!)

No comments: