Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins part 2


Soooo... John and I learned something this holiday season: pumpkins do not last as long as you think they will.  Haha.  Needless to say, currently, our first pumpkins are quite moldy (and have been removed to the dumpster recently).   And I am quite proud to say that John was the one who first said that we could / should carve new ones when the first set got gross; I was prepared to just toss them and have no jack-o-lanterns for Halloween night.  We waited as long as possible before carving this second set so that they would definitely last through the weekend.

 

I am easing into Halloween decorations slowly, trying not to go crazy (and poor) all at once, but I did decide to get a pumpkin-carving kit the other day and I think it was worth the whole 4.99 that it cost me!  We did use the patterns provided this time, but more importantly, we used to fine little saws included in the kit.  MUCH easier for details than even our smallest kitchen knife. 



I picked the haunted house design, 2 pumpkins out of 4 on difficulty.  John... picked the only 4 /4 most difficult-est design in the kit: the evil scarecrow.  I got some tiny tea lights for illumination.  Awesome, huh?


No comments: