Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

B is for...

B is for BLIZZARD of 2010!  Eek! The Snowy Death is upon us once again!


Soooo I might be a little late in my B posting, but I was having difficulty thinking of a good topic.  Then the Snowy Death came for our faces, and all my problems were solved.  I <3 snow because I am from the beach and never see it, and also because I don't have a full driveway to shovel out!  Yay, for townhouses and maintenance crews to shovel the sidewalks for us!!   :)

That is my little pot of mint (that was totally buried and killed in the last snow, back in December).  I think we will get about as much snow, if not more, than we did before Christmas because that mint was buried back then... but today (this picture was taken 1.5 hrs ago) the pot is pretty much buried, and the snow is still coming down pretty hard.  I scampered out to put bags over my window boxes of herbs and the snow is so light and fluffy... and coming down sideways blowing into your face!  This will be a great weekend to snuggle up and be happily snowed-in watching Netflix movies and catching up on our TiVoed shows.   :)

 
John is eagerly watching the snow come down from the comfort of his snuggly blankie.  

The only bad part about this weekend is that our annual Girl Scout caving workshop, Cracks, Crevices, & Crawlways, was canceled.  I was undecided about driving back to Williamsburg to help staff the event, and as much as I no longer feel guilty about not going, I am sad that the event had to be canceled altogether.  Apparently, Tidewater is going to get about as much snow as we are getting out here in the hills, and they are even more easily spooked by snow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

6 inches and counting in VA Beach!