Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Alphabet!

Yay! It's a new year and I am proud to say that I made it all the way through 2009's ABC-along.  I dropped off in 2008 around V, but 2009 was the strong finisher!  Woot woot for me!  (Unlike my sister, I did not hook up with a "Zach" to make the end of my alphabet any easier. She cheated!)

So, if you are unfamiliar with this ABC thing, it started on Flickr and Ravelry when someone realized that there are 52 weeks in the year and 26 letters in the alphabet - making for an easy 2weeks per letter.  The original design is that the blogger / photographer / knitter takes a picture of something relating to that letter (A is for animals, B is for Batman, C is for College, etc.) and posts it every 2 weeks throughout the year.  It's harder than it looks, especially with the time constraint of posting during the appropriate two week period!  Besides, how many things start with X or Q?  A real brain-buster sometimes.

Well, I'm not doing a "theme" this year like some, but I am aiming to make it through the year again.  So let's get started!


Jan 3 - A                 July 4 - N
Jan 17 - B                July 18 - O
Jan 31 - C               Aug 1 - P
Feb 14 - D               Aug 15 - Q
Feb 28 - E               Aug 29 - R
March 14 - F            Sept 12 - S
March 28 - G            Sept 26 - T
April 11 - H              Oct 10 - U
April 25 - I              Oct 24 - V
May 9 - J                Nov 7 - W
May 23 - K               Nov 21 - X
June 6 - L               Dec 5 - Y
June 20 - M              Dec 19 - Z

No comments: