Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Moving & Job Interviews & Boxes, Oh My!

So I have now officially moved to Lynchburg! My clothes and bathroom things were brought up last Wednesday, so I guess that means I am based here instead of in Virginia Beach. Not everything has been moved, but we only have a small apartment, so we need to find a place for what we have already up here before I can bring more up. I feel that John's prepared to see the amount of stuff I have: since we started talking about me moving to Lynchburg, I have been interjecting "I come with a lot of stuff" into the conversation as often as I can. This way, he cannot say that he was unaware. (Other friends I know that have moved recently did not do this, and their other halves are shocked at the amount of books/ sewing accessories / knitting/ garb/movies they own. I feel that I have circumvented this issue quite nicely.)

So carload #2 (last week, carload #1 was mostly books) and I arrived on Wednesday, and on Thursday at lunch, I get a call for a job interview! Woo hoo! Jobs are always nice to have; paychecks for the bills and all that. But my delight at the interview is mitigated by their desire for me to come with three letters of recommendation AND three more references that they can call! Within less than a week, I am supposed to just pull this out of my pocket? Goodness! So, that is what I have been doing this weekend: begging people for letters of recommendation.

And as a final thought, please let me choose a job that I can live with for a few years. I don't have many choices now, but I would like to pick a good one all the same.

1 comment:

Lara said...

you may have warned him, but I'm sure he'll find some point to fuss about the books/sewing gear/knitting that you bring too :)