Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, September 29, 2008

Finished first week of Job!

Well, training has gone by, then the first full week, and here I am starting my second full week at the school. The first three days I was hired, I was in day-long trainings at the agency HQ, so they don't really count towards work experience. But I was assigned my school, and have been there for over a week now with no crises! That's a good thing.

So I have my own case load of 5 kids at a local high school, and we are doing ok. I've got some of the less volatile kids, I think, because I am newer than the other clinicians... and I am not complaining, let me tell you! I've seen some of our other kids, and I am not sure I could handle that right out of the gate. But my supervisor and co-workers are nice and helpful, so I don't feel too "thrown into the deep end with no swimming lessons."

And I have to mention this: The fun part of the job is the daily Project Notes that we have to do. Because we are technically medical health care professionals, the Agency gets to deal with Medicaid and insurance and all that fun. Thus, we clinicians have to write up a page on each client ... every day... then do a weekly report... then do a weekly phone interview with the parents. We have to turn in 35 pages of notes at the end of each week! Paperwork makes the world go 'round.

So, I am excited. Job is not too crazy, pay is good (well, my check doesn't come for like two more weeks, but I am told it's good), I wake up / get home around when John does so I can actually associate with him... there are only two downsides I have found so far. 1- Internet access at work is limited by the school filters, i.e., no webmail for me. I have to come into G&B after work to check my email, which is super annoying. 2- I was placed out at a COUNTRY high school, so my commute is 45 minutes long. Literally, my round-trip drive to work is 62.1 miles. All I can say is, "thank god for a hybrid car!"

No comments: