Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

X is for...

X is for Xtremely Angry!   >:0   Soooo, yesterday we were cleaning like good people who are soon-to-be hosting Thanksgiving, and I happened to drop my phone.  Now, this isn't the first time I've dropped it, but apparently I hit the "sweet spot" this time and cracked the ever-loving stuffings out of the screen.  The phone still works, but there is a big hole in it.   :(


That little piece that has separated from the cracks is UNDER the screen, riding (and hopefully not scratching) directly on the LCD panel.  Yay.

Well, I think to myself (after some choice words uttered in my head), there's a Verizon store just up the road-- maybe they can help us out.  NOPE!  Denied. Verizon apparently does NO repairs in-store, and only will do repairs at all if you are paying extra for an insurance plan.  Way to really go above and beyond on customer service, Verizon, we really appreciate you looking out for us.  I mean, it's a $3 screen for one of the more popular models Verizon carries; how hard is it to stock?

Next thought: there's a Sprint store on the way home, maybe I can hand them a big chunk of money to fix my phone for me even though I am not a Sprint customer.  After waiting over 30min for every clueless person to start an account, I am rejected again.  I ask, what can I do?! Sprint guy answers, "Well you can switch to Sprint..."   Seriously?!  You think that is what I want to hear right now?  Crazy people.  Crazy people who need a punch in the eye. 



I return to the car, either wanting to smash my phone on the ground like a monkey with a coconut OR wanting to burn down a cell phone store... Needless to say I have poor coping skills. 

On the way home, John is trying to keep me emotionally stable (a big job, I know), and I remember that eBay and Amazon sells just a plain screen... but how to fix it ourselves?  John looks up on YouTube instructions for how to take apart a phone.  Though, he is a little too gung-ho about fixing it and begins to crack it open! Wait! We haven't gotten the replacement screen, yet, honey!  ...oops.

Now that my first phase of poor coping skills is complete (desire to destroy the offending object), I have moved on to my second stage: grumpy & pessimistic.  John's about to smack me upside the head because I have now gotten all pouty about slow shipping times and how the screen will NEVER get here, and when it does the LCD will be scratched up anyways.  :(  I told you I got very angry yesterday.

So here I sit today, in a little better mood, but still anxious about preventing further damage to my already busted phone.  :(   Here's to hoping for speedy shipping that will deliver my new screen before Thanksgiving...

No comments: