Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, December 7, 2009

Haiku for Today

Detention.  Mouse Hunt.
No paperwork time for me
Playing football now.

Thank you, thank you.  That was my day today.  Kid came in at 8:35 (a whole 5 minutes after the bell rang) and pretty much refused to return to class.  Long story short: he ended up in detention for the day and I had one less kid to deal with for the rest of the day... because I'd already spent a whole hour with him before breakfast!  Bah.  Then came the Great Mouse Hunt of Lunchtime.  We apparently have a new friend in our room.  Coworker #1 and I were trying to catch him for release into the wild, while Coworker #2 stood on her desk and told us to kill it, and Coworker #3 ignored all our craziness.  And I ended my day playing football with two of my boys.  Veeery interesting.  While I cannot say that I am any GOOD at football, I am not as BAD as I thought I would be. (at least compared to 5th graders)  Needless to say, dealing with office referrals, mice, and football, I am still very behind on my daily paperwork!

More haikus to come... maybe?

No comments: