Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Y is for ...



Y is for YULETIDE! OK, so I may be a little early with this post, but it's officially after Thanksgiving, and we can now put up decorations / buy Christmas candy / listen to carols / all those things that commercial America has been doing for weeks already.  Call me a traditionalist, I don't care!  Christmas season is not allowed to start until after the Macy's Day Parade.  (Why, yes, I did have a parent grow up in New York-- where it is the "Macy's Day" Parade, not this "Macy's Thanksgiving Day" Parade I hear some people speak of.)


First step towards Christmas: the Bear!  "Just" a silly little advent calendar from childhood that Lara and I fought vicisouly over as kids.  The point is that the bear is looking for Christmas and searches throughout the house as the days go by.


What is it with cats and tree skirts?!?!?? 


Though his second favorite spot is a little weirder... Yes, that's a shoebox lid he's sitting in.


With John's mom's broken ankle, she's put Christmas on hold at their house, so we got to rummage through her extensive decoration collection to use at our house.  Yay! I love Christmas decorations.  Maybe it's because it's MY house finally, but I was ready to go hog-wild.  We did wreaths in the windows/ doors and I put up lights all around the front and back porches.  Haha, those lights were adventures in physics.  I ended up starting a string of lights at each end, then inter-twining them on the middle post so that the wraps were the same and the plugs lined up.


Harvey was VERY excited about my present-wrapping marathon, too.  He really wanted to help out.


But then Demon Kitty showed up and wanted all the presents for himself.... Bad, Demon Kitty!  Those presents are for the family members.

No comments: