Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, February 22, 2010

Rar! I am Beast!

I know you all haven’t gotten much updating of my adventures in the gym, but I feel it is necessary to post today because I hit a big milestone: I can dead-lift 205 lbs!  Woohoo! Now, in honesty, I lifted 205 a while ago, but fell over just a little bit.   :)   Fletcher said that it sort-of counted because I got it off the ground, but it was a bad pull.  But today I did three singles fairly easily!  Fletcher says that since I did three, if I exerted all my energy once, then I probably could pull 225lbs.   :0   Craziness!  Though, he laughs at me because I can pull 205, but I still cannot do a pull-up on my own (on the assist machine I only use like 25lbs of counter weight, but I totally fail on my own). Conclusion: If I were to fall down a hole, I wouldn't be able to pull myself out.  But if John collapses on the floor, I can carry him to the car.  Haha!

No comments: