Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kevorkian Scarf!

Lara and I are working on a knit-a-long project this month, and to understand why we are so excited about it, you first must watch this video:  (Safe for Work.  There is no truly foul language, just one "jackass.")



Back in college, we were all hooked on this series of web-toons, called Neurotically Yours.  (Beware of following that link; the main character is an extremely foul-mouthed squirrel named Foamy who has no problem telling you what he thinks of you.  Funny, but DEFINITELY not safe for work... unless you work in a biker bar.)  We were all foul-mouthed college kids at the time, so we loved Foamy dishing out his "squirrely wrath" to the unsuspecting public.  Flash forward .... a few.... years and imagine my delight when Lara shows me a scarf named "Foamy!"  (Raveled here.)  Instantly we re-name it The Kevorkian Scarf and decide we have to have it!!  :D

Lara and I both re-arranged the pattern blocks a little to make it suit our tastes more, but it's still pretty much the original pattern.  I used a skein of Tofutsies from the stash, a sea-FOAM green to match the pattern (color #789).  Haha!  For never having done drop stitches before and for not writing down a pattern, I think it's coming along nicely.  It's mostly big blocks of garter stitch, so it knits up quickly.

Foamy Scarf

As John noticed, yes, it is more of a shawl shape than a scarf shape (i.e., triangular vs rectangular), but I will wear it more like a scarf ... neckerchief? bandanna? Around my neck, not my shoulders.  So I think it should remain "The Kevorkian Scarf."  "Kevorkian Shawl" just sounds weird.  :)

Foamy Scarf

No comments: