Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

ARRRGGHH!

I was so mad yesterday I was not fit to talk to!  It all started Thursday at the optometrist's when my credit card was declined.  I was confused, but the lady said that their credit card machine doesn't always accept Credit Union cards.  Weird, but whatever.  Then, yesterday I was running errands and my card was declined again!  The cashier was very nice about it, but I was financially embarrassed and getting a little annoyed.  Once time is a freak accident, but twice is becoming a pattern.  So, I called the bank and the customer service lady politely explained that there was a fraudulent charge and they canceled my card.  Way to let me know, bank!!  Thanks a lot for your prompt communication... three weeks after the fraud, I have to call you to figure out why I have no more credit card.   >:(

I can only get so angry at the bank because she told me that the fraudulent charge was for the Tahiti Club (motel) in Indiana.... so someone did steal my card number and then tried to check into a sleazy motel with it.  Gah!  Now, I have to go to every Internet account where I have a credit card saved and change it, re-enter the bills that post to my credit card, and (worst of all) memorize a new number!  I've had my credit card number memorized for the longest time and it was so nice.  Now I have to change everything because of some schmuck who wanted a free stay at the Tahiti Club!  I'd really love to meet this guy and kick him hard right in the naughty bits!!

The plus side, I guess, is that I can't spend any money for the next 7-10 days while I wait for the new card to arrive.  That, and my bank was able to protect me from a fraudulent charge.  Not much of a consolation, but I'm trying to find the silver lining in all of this.

No comments: