Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Finished #2!

SQUEEEEEE!  I've finally finished a project!  I've got three others sitting on the coffee table, ranging from 60% to 90% done, but my "Finishing ADHD" is kicking in and I just can't seem to get anything completed!I even pulled out a skein of "gift yarn" the other day and have been staring at it, trying to convince myself to finish old projects before I begin new ones.  I'm such a mess... Though today I put on a determined face and started with the one that needed the least effort to complete it.  Even though I underestimated how much effort was needed to attach the brim and buttons (namely, re-knitting the brim to fit my new PVC insert), it only took me a little while to get everything attached as it needed to be.

Cabled Chapeau -Finished!

This is only my second project finished this year, so I am admittedly behind on my "12 Projects in 12 Months" goal.  But!  Like I said, I have others that are very close to finished, so I am still optimistic about being able to catch up and get 12 projects done this year.

Cabled Chapeau -Finished!
I'm particularly fond of the buttons.

Cabled Chapeau
Stitch Nation By Debbie Stoller
Bernat Satin (arcylic) 200yds per skein 
color #1101, Plum Mist Heather 

1 comment:

Anne said...

Addendum: Admittedly I did make the hat bigger than the pattern. My last cabled hat is quite snug, and I didn't want a repeat of that problem. SO! I added a stitch between each cable (8 total, I think) and I made it longer by about an inch or so before I bound off the top. Just so you know. :)