Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, May 12, 2008

Garage Sale = Success!

I think the title says it all, but Saturday's garage sale was a rousing success. My main goal was to clear out the house of various and sundry things, and maybe get a little money for them in return. (I'm not sure what Mom was planning, but that's what I wanted to accomplish.) To this end, I set a fairly low monetary goal for us to reach to call the day a success, but to my surprise, we totally blew it out of the water. Like 2.5 times what I was expecting! And there were at least two other yard sales going on that morning in our immediate neighborhood. Whoo! Go us.


The main success, I think, or at least what made me so happy was the truck-load (literally) of stuff we took from the garage sale and donated to Goodwill. Yay! Stuff left our house en mass. And another thing in the Win column was one guy who came buy bought a bunch of the nicer 45's that we had out. He left his card with us, saying he was interested in any more records we have that were still in good condition. So yay! A place we can sell the hundreds of records we have sitting around the house & garage.

John came down for the weekend, so he helped us out be hefting a toting things outside so we could set up tables and such and organize them (Have I said how much I love him? He is so handy to have around) Then he topped it off by making a Chikafil breakfast run for us! I'm telling you, he's a perfect package, no exaggeration.

No comments: