Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Knitting Update

So.... trying desperately not to jinx the Scottish Sweater again, but I think it's going well. I've done the body and neck-banding, so all I have left is the sleeves. And I have tried it on Mom and we like how it's fitting much better than before. So, FINGERS CROSSED, nothing messes up here as I finish it. (Yay for neck-down sweaters that need no seaming!)


I also churned out a headband for my grandmother and learned how to cable in the process (not that cabling is all that hard, I just had never done it before). The below picture is of the original design stolen from Half-Assed Knits (a great blog), not the one I made because my camera is hating life in general and me in specific [tear]. But I promise once I get it fixed, I will update all the photos of my knitting projects.

I've also cast on for the best tea cozy ever: Pink Elephant by Saltwater Purls! Woot! Why a tea cozy you may ask, well... [begin shameless plug here] In August, KnitWits is having a special event that we are calling Tea Cozies for a Cure. We are auctioning off donated tea cozies, with the proceeds going to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The tea cozies will be on display during the first two weeks of August, and on the 15th, the auction will be finalized (the winner gets a gift certificate to the store), and there will be voting for Best in Show categories. And what is a KnitWits party without food and fun? So if you find yourself antsy for a new and different project, wanting to help out a great charity, or wanting some excitement, be sure to join our Tea Cozy extravaganza! There will also be a tea party for all those who donated a cozy after all the hoopla is over. [end plug]

I also cleaned up the yarn heap in the family room this holiday weekend (I've taken over an end of the couch, one end table, and a folding TV tray, as well as losing a battle to not take over the coffee table), and I made myself a list of all the specific projects I have in mind. That includes things I have on needle as well as projects I have already bought the yarn but not yet cast on. It was a little scary how fast my brain moves compared to my fingers! But in my defense, I am about to move from a city with 6 yarn shops to a smaller city that has only 2. So I tell myself that I am stocking up against a soon-to-be-forthcoming yarn drought. Spending money now (especially when I have an employee discount) will average out when I don't buy yarn for a while. [innocent halo]

No comments: