Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Finished Project!

I also finished another project while in Florida!  Yay me!  Nothing big, but a Finished Project nonetheless.  I made a cozy for my mega-huge water bottle.  :)


During Summer Camp, I found that my regular water bottles were simply not enough to keep me hydrated, so I bought a huge (54oz) water bottle.  The only downside to it was a lack of insulation, so it tended to sweat everywhere.  For the summer, I used an unmatched sock of John's as a cozy, but I knew I would need something a little classier to use on a permanent basis.  So, I scrounged up some old wool blend that I had laying about and made a super-quick rib-knit cozy!  Yay!

It was really easy, when all was said and done.  Sizing didn't need to be exact since I wanted it to be a snug fit, and I used the water bottle itself as a guide for length.  Then I just used a drawstring to cinch up the top, and Voila!  I am still deciding if I want to loosely seam the gap around the handle or not.  I don't want the hole to be that big, ya know?  Right now, though, it's working just fine.



2 skeins Berroco "Soft Twist" (41% wool / 59% rayon) -- one in purple and one in magenta, held together.
US 8 needles
Less than 100yds used!



And, yes, this is Finished Project Number Six for the year.  (Remember, 12 projects in 12 months was my goal.)  I know I am a little behind, but I seem to be progressing at a rather nice pace, I think.  I just need to re-adjust to the school schedule and wrap up a few of the half-finished things I have laying about.  Summer Camp really did me in!  I was waaaay too tired to knit anything once I got home, and now I have to catch up! But I think I can do it!  (Determined face)

No comments: