Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Toy SQUEEEEE!

First, let me sum up my absences:  I had a few weeks of vacation at the beginning of August... and I took it!  I was a waste of organic matter, resting and relaxing without any responsibilities.  Then, we took a week to visit family in Florida for my grandfather's 90th birthday party.  Not as relaxing, but not as stressful as it could have been either.  (John *loves* going to see my extended family; it shows him that I am one of the saner and more rational people in my gene pool.  Heehee.)

While in Florida, Mother and I opted to use our cell phone upgrades and get something fancy.  I have been suffering with extreme phone-envy since John got his Droid many moons ago, and Mother was finally caving to the lure of the smartphone.  I got the Motorola Droid X and Mom got the HTC Droid Incredible.


Can I get this out of my system?  ... SQQQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ok, I'm better now.  Seriously, this phone is slick!  I am slowly moving my way through all the settings and functions, but I think I can say now that I am enthralled with this phone!  I don't want to sound like just another review, but I highly recommend this phone to someone who is looking for serious fun.  Maybe it's just a symptom of upgrading from a Blackberry (which is probably the LEAST intuitive operating system out there), but I am really enjoying the Droid X.

Next step: choosing a skin for my phone.  I'm not really liking any of the cases I see, and as I suffer from "black phone in a black purse" syndrome, I need something to brighten up the casing of my phone.  There are several on ebay that I like, but I can't choose!  So indecisive!    :)

No comments: