Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello, 2011!

Wow, it seems like every-other post recently has been about me wandering off, only to eventually find my way back again. But this time it was a little more serious. I had a pretty emotionally rough fall (don't ask me about October), but I think it was rather cathartic. Cathartic - isn't that a great word? It makes me sound educated and intelligent when I say I purged the evil out of me while I was being viscously attacked by bad-bad-very-bad things. But! True to the nature of catharsis, I feel like I have been through the wringer, made some mistakes, but am now prepared to keep on going with a new mindset.

My new mindset happens to coincide with the New Year. Now, I am not normally one for "life-changing" New Year's Resolutions (because really, how many people are still at the gym after April?), but I think that the Great Year of 2011 should be called my Year of Patience & Acceptance. I need to be calm, rational, and let things flow at their natural rate. Will the Hot Pocket microwave ANY faster just because I am starving? No. I need to be calm and patient and know that the Hot Pocket will happen, even though it might not be ready right now. ... Hey, I like that. This spur-of-the-moment Hot Pocket metaphor may be my new mantra; it definitely applies to numerous aspects of my life. :)

As a side note, someone told me that according to the Chinese zodiac, 2010 was the Year of the Tiger. I know a bunch of people will agree with me on the viscious and predatory nature of the events of 2010! Thankfully, 2011 will be the Year of the Rabbit... 'Nuff said. I am so exhausted after 2010 that I am looking forward to a cute little bunny!


Songs for my New Year:
"Let it Be"
- The Wise Beatles

"There for the Grace of God"
- Flogging Molly

...and for something a bit more peppy, but still with a message:
"If you're going through Hell,
Keep on going, don't slow down.
If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out
Before the Devil even know you're there"
- Rodney Atkins



.... Oh, partly because I feel I need to make a concrete New Year's Resolution and partly because I need to use up my yarn stash and finally FINISH some projects, I am trying to go for "12 Projects in 12 Months" again. Failed miserably last year when the craziness started, but in my Year of Patience and Acceptance, I am going to make more time to knit! Lara and I already have an awesome knit-a-long planned for March-ish after we get a project or two finished. :)

No comments: