Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kitchen Updates!

Our old microwave finally bit the big weenie the other week.  It was slowly falling apart in various ways, but when I tried to open the door one day and the handle came off in my hand.... Yeah, it was time. We lived with the "stumpy" handle for a while until I finally picked out the new model -- i.e., opened up Consumer Reports and bought the recommended brand.  :)

I worked late today and when I called home, John's dad answered and said that they were installing the new microwave right then.  "Yay!" I thought to myself.  "I still have to go to the grocery store, maybe I will have a new microwave installed by the time I come back.  How long can it really take them?"  Well... when I came home around dinner time, the kitchen was totally taken apart and John's mom informed me that they hadn't even made the obligatory trip to Lowe's yet!  (Haven't you noticed that all home repair projects need at least one trips to Lowe's?)  Ugh!  I was so discouraged! 

I shouldn't be too hard on the menfolk, though, because they did all the work and made my kitchen look fabulous again!  I am excited about the new microwave; it's a serious upgrade from the one that came with our house, so I hope I won't make too many things explode before I get the hang of it.  :)

New Microwave!

No comments: