Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quiche!

A long time ago, (not far far away, just here in my house) I was browsing recipes and found a "crustless quiche" that looked interesting.  Sadly, cooking fell by the wayside as Life attacked me vigorously in 2010. But! I rediscovered the recipe and tried it out this weekend.  Overall, for my first quiche, it was delicious!  Even John loved it, and he says, "Real men don't eat quiche!"

Quiche


CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE
(Thanks, Cooks.com!)

1 onion
1  (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 lb. shredded cheese (I know, I know, that's a lot of cheese.  Alter this to suit your dietary needs)
salt & pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

1.  Chop and saute onion in pan until brown and soft.  Thaw and drain spinach while this is cooking.

2.  Whisk eggs and milk together.  Add flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt to egg mixture.  Add cheese, spinach, onion (and any additional ingredients you selected); mix until evenly distributed.

3.  Pour into greased 13x9 pan (also can use 2 pie pans or brownie pans for the same cook time).  Sprinkle top liberally with Parmesan.  Bake 30-35min at 350 degrees.  (The original recipe says cool 30min afterward, but I was not able to wait that long!)




QUICHE! 

I don't know if I can convey our reaction in written form.  It may have gone something like this:
(Cautious nibble )... Mmmmm ... (more confident bite) ... Oooh! .... (snarf snarf snarf!!) .... Oh my gowd! This is so good!!  (runs back into the kitchen to get more)

No comments: