Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Friday, April 18, 2008

I Need to Feel Sorry for Myself for a Bit

Do you ever get the feeling that you are not in control of your life? Maybe it's because I am in this post-college limbo with no real job or life plans and I don't understand half of what is happening around me. I mean, I've graduated and they say I can do whatever I want... well, thanks a lot, jerk, that really helps me narrow down my choices. What do I want to do with my life? Where do I start looking? How do I know what I will and won't like doing every day when I don't really know anything about anything? (And no, college career services didn't help at all. They only were of service if you were a Business student because that was easiest for them to handle-- accounting firms are always hiring people. If you truly needed help choosing a career, you were out of luck. One of my roommates wanted to do anything with classical Hebrew studies and was practically laughed out of a career fair because it was filled with accounting firms and policemen. Needless to say, she was angry.)

So, I had two part-time jobs here, but one has forgotten about me (temp service) and thus I am living on part-time wages which kinda suck because I can't put away any savings. And I live day-to-day (is there another way?) so I don't freak out about future plans, but then when I pause for a moment, I freak out because I am ignoring future plans! Day-to-day, day-to-day... then BAM! all of a sudden it's April and where have the last three months gone? Shouldn't I be doing something with my life? My career goals are basic, I'm not asking for much: salary > bills, health insurance, and some enjoyment from what I am doing. That's all I want, really!

I pose to any readers in the Lynchburg area: I will be moving there this summer; anyone hiring a college-educated person for full-time, self-fulfilling employment? I can learn quickly and am an industrious employee.

No comments: