Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Randomness

So, it's official: my life is boring. I was trying to think of anything exciting to post about and I couldn't really come up with anything spectacular. :( Things do happen, just not bright shiny things.

Mom's been in Florida visiting family for the past week, so I've been here by my lonesome, just me and the furries. Frank has been especially fussy because he only has me to fuss at. Normally, his fussing would be divided between two people, but this week he just has me. Poor cat. (The hammie is blissfully unaware as usual.) Since I'm here by myself, and since I don't live by myself well, I picked up a few extra days working at the store so I can keep busy. And get paid. Extra pay is good when you only work part-time.

Then Saturday was the KnitWits First Anniversary Sale and Party. That was a small whirlwind in itself; people just love the sound of "__% off." We also had a Lawre's Laine trunk show, so Lawre was there with all her bag fabrics and customizing possibilities. I fell in love with some of her fabric and got a few accessory zipper-pouches (her smallest item; I love her bags, but definitely cannot afford them). I was good though! Most were for gifts, only one was for me. Though I bought lots of yarn too... bad me. But, in my defense, it was all on super sale, so normally $80 sweaters were only about $50. And when you are using really nice yarn, that makes a difference! You can justify cashmere when it's on sale. :) Well, maybe you can always justify cashmere... I know I can.

So, yes, now I am poor; but the extra work days I picked up balance out most of my spendings this weekend. And have I said that I won't be buying yarn once I move out to Lynchburg? Therefore, it will also balance out in the long run. Yarn gluttony now, yarn fast later. It's the circle of life. ;)

And the final excitement of the week, was that John came to see me! Yay! I like him. :) But he was also quite handy because he fixed a technological problem we were having with some presents (which I won't describe for a few more days, because the presents haven't been delivered yet and I don't want to spoil it for the recipients). John's so nice to have around.

And that was my week. Not exceptional, but mine just the same.

No comments: