Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

F is for...

F is for Full-time! Sooo.... it's not really something I've got a picture of, but I am currently obsessing about it. At the Agency, I am technically employed full-time because I work a full week, but I am "hourly" as opposed to "salary." BIG DIFFERENCE! For the same amount of work that my salaried co-worker does, I get an hourly wage... which averages about $8,000 /yr less... plus no benefits, no vacation, no sick leave, no health insurance. When I think about it like that, I get really depressed. I have to tell myself that this is the "foot in the door" / "get that initial 2 yrs experience" job. (Have you ever noticed that ALL employers want at least two years experience? where are you supposed to get that experience if NO ONE will hire you fresh out of college?)

To make myself feel better now that I've been hired for 6 full months, I've applied for a full-time position. My first application a few weeks ago missed an invisible deadline, so nothing happened; but, I have recently turned in application #2 and am hoping that it sticks.

(fingers crossed)

(holding breath)

No comments: