Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to School

Oofa! The Summer Program finally ended and we have survived the first week of the new school year! I think medals and prizes should be delivered. (Since my job is during the school year, we run a Summer Program Day Camp type thing to keep the kids busy and out of trouble throughout the summer. If you have never worked a summer camp before, count yourself lucky. We provided transportation all day, served two meals, planned all the activities ourselves, as well as supervised all the usual craziness. Whew! It all made for very long days... very good paychecks, but very long days!)

This summer was so crazy between the Summer Program for work and getting the new house straight; I feel like I am still sleep deprived! Though, my move over to the Elementary School for part of the summer has become permanent and I am now over with the 3-5 graders instead of the high school. People ask what's different, and I say that the behaviors are pretty much the same, you just tell yourself that the 10yr-old doesn't know better yet. (Sad but true!) So we will see how working with the little guys works out for me. (fingers crossed)

Also coming up new, I will be re-applying for a salaried position here at the Agency so more of my fingers are crossed. We don't divide into "part time" and "full time," but into "hourly" and "salary." Basically, you do the same work but get paid less and don't get benefits because you don't have the experience / education to warrant them paying you more. Don't get me started; I am really bitter about living on what I am currently making. So, here's hoping that this application will be accepted now that I am reaching my one-year mark with the Agency. (more fingers crossed)

AND we are still waiting for out $8,000 new home-buyer tax credit. I mailed my amended return in July, and the help-line said I still need to wait 4-6 weeks. (John actually owns stuff, so we filed using my tax return since it would be much easier.) Ohmmmmmm.... I am seeking patience and serenity while waiting for a large chunk of money. (meditating)

Other than that, not too much is going on now. John and I are getting into habits and routines with the new house and are pretty much settled here. :)

No comments: