Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Catching up on ABCs...

L is for Lego Batman. Now I know this game came out last year, but it is still much fun. (We also have Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Star Wars; I would recommend all three) If you aren't one of those crazy gaming people, the Lego games are a good buy. They slip jokes and references into the games, the game mechanics aren't too hard, it's good family fun for all, and how can you resist being Lego?

The game Lego-fies everything (characters, scenery, and props) so it really is like playing with the blocks yourself. I like when you are defeating bad guys, you hit them and they break apart into their base Lego bits! (yes, I have a mean streak in me)

I will laugh in a few days when we get Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is VERY dark and Gotham-y. Then our two Batman games will be Happy Lego Batman and Dark Crazy Batman. (Don't worry, Lara. We played the B:AA demo already, and Kevin Conroy does the voice acting! fan girl squeeeee! The game mechanics look too hard for me, but I told John I am quite content to sit back and listen. mmmmmm)



And how can you resist Nightwing in Lego, spiky hair and all?! eeeee! too cute!




N is for New Townhouse. In case you missed the last few months, we moved into a house of our very own! Yay! It has been a slow process, but we painted everything and got in new carpet upstairs, begged for furniture from family members, and found internet service. We've officially been here several weeks now and are getting the knack of things. Harvey still loses us when we "rapidly" change floors without telling him, but other than that he is doing fine.


new kitchen, new carpet!




O is for OMG! I can't believe it really happened in my lifetime! Now, if you are unfamiliar with pack rats, you might not understand the full meaning of being able to park a car in my grandparents' garage... but if you know ANYone (even that person in your mirror) who has difficulty throwing things away, then seeing this car inside will amaze and astound you.



The grandparents' garage reminds me of the ending scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark... you know, the one with the giant warehouse where things get lost forever? Except in the garage, there were no neat rows of boxes, just stuff. Now, not to be cruel, the grandparents were always able to go out and find exactly what they were looking for, but it was a lot of stuff out there for anyone else. I remember when I was a child, you could carry a big cooler up the center aisle... then as I grew, you had to turn sideways with the cooler... then you had to go to another door with the cooler and walk carefully in the garage by yourself. :( But, the family has done a few major cleaning sessions and wrangled the garage into submission. When Mom and I visited over the summer, there was room for a car! I had to take a picture to prove its existence (kind of like Bigfoot or Nessie).

No comments: