Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thor


I was able to drag John out of the house and to the movie theater yesterday so I could see "Thor."  I know, I know, it's a bad movie, but it was enjoyable and I love super heroes.  :)   There are numerous reviews out there, so not to bore you, I will sum it all up quickly:  it was stupid & fun & I can't wait for more shirtless Chris Hemsworth ... wait, I mean, the Avengers movie.   ;)


No, really, I am a comic book dork, but I just don't know enough about Marvel's Thor mythology to get picky about details.  I could have written you a thesis paper when Batman Begins came out, but I really don't know enough about Thor to say anything.  .... The movie did have about 30 seconds of Sleipnir, so that made me happy.  And I always love Anthony Hopkins.  But other than issues I have with the movie industry as a whole*, I don't really have any witty review that isn't out on the internet already.

* Specifically, why do we need to zoom in so close on a person's face that we can see their eye-boogers?  Or the fact that more CGI shiny lights and swooshes do NOT make a movie better?  Or how about investing in a steady-cam for the fight scenes so we can actually see what is happening?  Or at the end of the movie, how did Natalie Portman suddenly grow 8inches so she could kiss him easily?  ... Okay, okay, maybe that last one stems more from my personal life of dating someone 10inches taller than me.  But the fact still remains, short girls cannot kiss tall boys without the boy exerting a lot of effort to squat down!  (getting off my soap box of craziness) Anyways....

What I do want to talk about today is the movie previews we saw.  Now, I like going to the movies, but I LOVE movie trailers.  (There's a "show" on some DirecTV channel that is simply 30min of movie trailers!  How awesome is that?!)  And I was pleasantly surprised that there were mostly good trailers for what is coming up this summer.  Not to say that there are pieces of poopoo, too, but I like the surge of comic book movies coming out now.

Cowboys & Aliens  - AWESOME!  How can you go wrong with cowboys & aliens?  Wait for it... There's Daniel Craig & Harrison Ford starring.  (squeee!)

Immortals - Pile of poopoo.  They are trying to capitalize on the success of 300, Clash of the Titans, and Spartacus and make another Greek "mythology" movie.  This one's about Theseus, but I saw not a single image of a minotaur anywhere.  (Angry at it already)

Green Lantern - MORE AWESOME!  Not to get too dorky on you, but I have reservations about this movie that are balanced out by how much I absolutely love Ryan Reynolds.  I prefer Kyle as GL, but I think Ryan Reynolds will make Hal Jordan likable.  How can you not laugh at, "Oath? Well, everyone knows the oath... I pledge allegiance / to the ring / that I got from a dying purple alien..."

Super 8 - Not sure what exactly is going on in this movie.  I would have sworn that it was an M. Night Shyamalan movie from watching the trailer (it's not).  You know how he never really shows you what it happening, but there is a bunch of crazy stuff and maybe monsters, and chaos. Not cool.

Captain America - EVEN MORE AWESOME!  Again, they are taking "not my favorite superhero" and combining it with "actors I really like."  It's almost as if they are catering to me personally.  :)   I am really hoping that there is some "Sergeant Logan" he runs with in the War, just as a nod to X-Men history.  (Hey, "Mr Stark" flipped the switch on the gizmo that changed him, why can't we have Logan, too?)

Colombiana - More poopoo.  I can tell you the entire plot in a few words from the trailer: "From those who brought you La Femme Nikita."  It's basically a Hispanic Nikita kicking butt. Nothing new or interesting at all.


I've already told John to prepare himself for taking me to numerous bad movies this summer.  AND I'M GOING TO LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!   :D   (breathing into paper bag to calm hyperventilations)

No comments: