Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, October 6, 2008

Koolhaas Hat

Or, as John pronounces it, "Cool-ass Hat." I'm going decadent and knitting it out of Sublime Cashmere Silk Aran, one of my final purchases before leaving Knit Wits. And as my second cabling project... ever... I feel that it is going quite well. It's pretty smooth sailing now that I've done the pattern repeat a couple times, but isn't that always how it works? The first few rows are all snarked up, but then you get the hang of things and it's all better.

Here's the link to some finished pictures from the designer's blog: Brooklyn Tweed

I also picked up a skein of purple/white blended Toefutsies that I'm going to turn into matching gloves for this hat. And if I have leftover cashmere, I'm making soft cuffs out of it for the gloves. mmmm... cashmere.

1 comment:

veronica elise said...

I hope it turns out nice. Looks good so far!!