Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sad, Tired Dance

Stupid phone.

Apparently, you cannot ACTIVATE a new phone in an Extended Network area, only in actual Verizon areas. The nearest Verizon, non-Extended Network is Roanoke! That's an hour away!

After much back and forth with the guy at the Verizon store, we learned two things:
1 - I need to be in a Verizon area to activate a phone (see above)
2 - Because we tried to activate the new phone, my old phone was kicked offline! I had no phone at all!

My plan was to just drive towards Roanoke tomorrow after work and activate the phone whenever I got to the appropriate area. John, though, gets mega points because he suggested that we go tonight - he'd drive and I type my paperwork - and that way I wouldn't be roaming the countryside with no way to communicate. (I thought of that, but rejected the idea, as it would waste his time, too, not just mine. But he's a sweetie.)

So we drove, checking the phone every 5 minutes to see if the network changed. It was super annoying, but it's done now and we can all go to bed. Doesn't technology make our lives easier?

No comments: