Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Most Ridiculous Thing Ever

OK, so remember back when I said that I am balancing a school schedule as well as an Agency schedule? Here's a great example of that:

Today and tomorrow are Teacher Planning Days at school since it is the end of the grading period. Therefore, the schools are closed. But wait! Since it's not an Agency holiday, we are required to work. So we go into the Agency office in town... to do nothing. We can catch up on our paperwork, we can do some busy work in the client's charts, we can stare at the ceiling, but there really is nothing structured for us to do.

And it gets better: Since we employees are not usually at the office, there are not enough computers for everyone. So we are like sharks circling, because a computer means we can at least waste time on the Internet. But you have to be lucky enough to get one.

Me? I have managed to yoink a computer spot and am taking it for all it's worth. They may have to pry my dead body out of this chair, because I am not giving it up! I take that back, I may pause in the afternoon to continue adding phone numbers to my new phone (I feel like such a doof carrying around two phones).

No comments: