Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A is for...

A is for Azullito, my original Neopets pet! Sometime in college, I got stuck on a couple of online games (most notably, Freaky Factory) when I was sitting around doing nothing while working at the Info Desk. After several weeks of playing this game, I finally said to myself, "Self," and I knew it was me because I recognized my voice, "this game keeps saying you need to register an account in order to send your score. Why don't I see what that's all about?" So I went and signed up and made my very first neopet, Azullito. There's all different species to chose from, but Azullito is an Eyrie. He loves the mountains and forests, and is cautious when meeting new people.

Once you've made a pet, you earn money (and interest with a bank account) by playing games or opening a store. With that money you can buy food, toys, clothes, a home, and random crazinesses for your pets. There's also a section where you can "battle" the pets, but I don't get into that because going to the Neopian Hospital is expensive. There are also petpets (pets for your pets) and holiday celebrations and character plots and, and, and, and... I'm sure if I was a 12 year old girl (or a 37 year old man living in his mom's basement) I would have figured out everything you can do on Neopets by now; but, I'm not, so I haven't.

Anyhoo, I was very rapidly hooked on the thing and have since made two more pets, La Perrita and Xweety. La Perrita is a Lupe (any amount of Latin knowledge will let you guess which lupine one La Perrita is) and Xweety is a Xweetok (... no clue what they were thinking there, but he is cute!). All three have petpets and share a home in Neopia Central, where they spend their time reading (all are Geniuses or above) and running my store. Well, truth be told, they usually get put in the NeoLodge so they don't starve when I cannot get to my computer in a scheduled manner. Can I say that I love the NeoLodge? Put your pets on vacation, then you don't have to worry about feeding them, and you can get on to leisurely play games whenever you want. Brilliant!

Neopets: fun online gaming or evil system to eat up all your free time?
Use at your own risk; it's addictive!


No comments: