Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mom Gets Another Sweater

I am officially enabling Mother by making her another FABulous sweater. This one's isn't out of Blue Heron, but Rowan's Felted Tweed #147 ("herb"), done on Knitting Pure and Simple's pattern #241: "Neckdown V-Neck Shaped Cardigan." I just love KP&S! No frills, no fru-fru, no difficult-just-for-the-sake-of-complexity stitches, but great sweaters all the same.


So far, Mom has been the only recipient of sweaters I've knitted. Some day, I'll make one or two for myself. :P Actually, I've got several on the books for me (Sublime and Lorna's Laces, of course), but Mom gets quite fussy when she "commissions" a sweater and isn't getting it in a timely fashion. Yes, we use the phrase "commission" because she is just as friendly at the local yarn shop as I am. She wanders the aisles, petting and admiring, and we hear "Oh, isn't this a nice yarn" a lot. Then she gives me a look as if to say, "I brought you into this world, fed you clothed you, educated you, went to marching band competitions and Girl Scout meetings ... the least you could do is knit me a sweater!" :) So Mommy's sweaters always get pushed ahead of mine on the To-Do list.

Here's a close-up of the yarn that I took, and then some I stole from the internet. It really does lose something in the photo.

No comments: