Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Memorandum

It has been called to my attention that I have ruthlessly "back-posted" -- that is, writing several posts at one time, then going into the settings and changing the date on the item so it looks like I was on top of things at the time. I admit it; I wrote pretty much all of December's articles in one weekend over the school's Christmas break when I wasn't working. My reasoning, however, I think you will agree with:

1- I am severely anal retentive and it would bug the heck out of me to have things dated incorrectly. For example, the puppies' bath time before the Christmas Party would be dated Jan 3; but it really happened on Dec 6. See? My brain can't handle that.

2- It makes for a more organized blog if everything is dated to when the event really happened, not just when I finally got around to writing about it.

3- I don't have internet at home (welcome to the country!), and the internet at work is through a high school's filter so I am not allowed on "personal pages." Therefore, I can only get online to my blog when I make a special trip in to John's office after the work day or on the weekends. I am lazy and tired when I get off work and don't like doing that.

4- Did you miss the "Blogging without Obligations" button at the top of my page? That means it's my blog and I can post whenever I feel like getting around to it.

Basically, it boils down to #4 (singing: "it's my party and I'll post when I want to, post when I want to, poh-ost when I want tooooo"). BUT! I do promise never to back-date anything off of the main page. So you, dear readers, only need to scroll down to read the new stuff. I promise (hand on Bible) to leave the last post at the bottom of the page as an old one so you know that you aren't missing anything. Like when I went on that posting spree over New Years: I only posted enough as to bump all but one of the old post articles off. I purposefully left the Ordo comics on there as a marker so you would know when to stop reading. You will only have to go into the archives if you are looking for an old topic or if you have been gone a very long time.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I choose to ignore your obligation-less blogging and catchy song, and continue to fuss as the whim takes me. I'm your sister, and allowed to do so :)