Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Koolhaas Hat... Finally!

As sad as it makes John (and he gets really upset too!), I pulled out the Koolhaas hat that I had made way back during the Council meetings. It was too short, a fact made worse by it being a little too small and pulling itself off your head. So I just bumped the pattern up a needle size to make it just a little bit bigger... Little did I notice the first time I made the hat, only the ribbing at the bottom was on the size 6 needles. Not the whole hat as I made it. SO! My second attempt was to actually follow the pattern as written. Silly me.

Yay for taking pictures of yourself in the bathroom mirror. You never see all the shmutz on the mirror until you take a picture in it.


I really like the cable pattern that he used for this hat. It was pretty simple, too, once you got a few lines done and could see where you were in the pattern.


My favorite part, though, is the finishing top bit. I was worried as I was making it of how the top would end... Hey, I am living with a 6'4" person; the top of my head gets seen a lot more than most people's do. (don't mind the cat hair)

No comments: