Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Friday, February 6, 2009

C is for...

C is for cutting board! (Maybe all those years is karate were a bad thing for us.)

Set-up: last time we were out shopping, I declared that we needed some more cutting boards as we have two and they always seem to be dirty (John to me... a lot: "Stop using the raw chicken board!"). So we picked up a multi-pack of these little bamboo boards that match our large bamboo cutting boards.

And what would happen the first time we use it? John's inner ninja comes out full force. He was prepping some garlic for dinner and went to smash it, and split the NEW cutting board right down a seam! I'm on the couch (what? you think I can cook?) and I hear, ... "Oh snap! ... Honey, come look at this!"

John's first reaction: darnit, I broke the cutting board

John's next reaction: whoa, cool, I broke the cutting board! Where's Sensei's phone number?

No comments: