Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Friday, February 6, 2009

Mom's Shamrock Gloves

Mother so nicely reminded me that the Shamrock Race is coming up shortly, and that I promised her and her running buddy each a green hat and gloves set. Now, I finished one set last year, but could not get the other churned out... which was sort of okay, as it wasn't too cold last year while they were running. However, this year is starting out a bit chillier and Mother can be quite subtle when she wants to be. SO! Here I am now, preparing to knit my fingers to the bone (bony fingers!) to get a pair of gloves and a headband finished before St Patrick's Day. (Yes, I said headband. Mom's running buddy likes bands rather than full hats. I guess I should be happy, as headbands are much faster to finish than hats are!)

I shall be posting the work in progress, as gloves are fairly easy, but look so very challenging. I personally use the pattern from the Not Just Socks book because it is super basic and creates interchangeable gloves (no need to distinguish between right and left hands!). I'm using Scarlet Fleece's sock yarn, a really pretty green variegated color. (Sadly, I can't find a picture online, so you'll just have to wait until I can get some pictures from my stash.)

A-knitting we will go!

No comments: