Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Monday, February 2, 2009

Job Musings

You must allow me to wallow a bit in depressed self-pity today; I had a pretty rough day at work. (Don’t ask. Long story short is that I have decided to never again try to be proactive or do more than I am told to do because it only gets me in trouble.) At what point do you decide that a job just sucks? Does “bad job” mean that everyday has to drain your will to live? Or does a job that is just mediocre most days, but can suddenly turn viciously bad qualify as bad? What about a job that is just mediocre? Do you have to be out saving the world and self-actualizing every day of your life? And what kind of person are you if you “settle”? Does that mean you are responsible and have accepted the fact that a job does not define who you are (even though psychological research says that in our society, we are defined by our job) and that you need a paycheck of any kind to pay your bills? Or does it mean that you have no aspirations for something better for yourself, something that could make you truly happy?


I will see you when I am feeling better about life and my position in the world.

No comments: