Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Couch! 2

As promised, new couch pictures. John's mom's reaction when the couch was delivered, "Goodness, that is a big couch!"

Now for those of you who don't remember our little old couch, here's a picture to remind you. Notice how John doesn't even have the option of stretching out.


When we went shopping, the salesperson asked if we had anything in mind, and I responded, "We need extra-long because he's extra-tall." Well, as you can see below, he delivered us extra-long! John even has about 8 inches more to grow if he wants!

John's happy, I-love-our-new-couch face


Our other requirement for the new couch was that it was two-people wide. I always get the outside spot when we snuggle (as I am smaller), and on the old couch, the nasty metal frame would dig into my leg. So we wanted the new couch to be wider so that I could be on the cushion fully and not on the frame. Again, the salesperson delivered!

This shot took a while to set up, as I am balancing my camera on top of the fridge, setting the timer, then running into position. The trick was getting the skinny camera to tip forward to get the couch in frame. (You can see the glare from the flash a little on the left as it reflects off the magnet that was propping it up.)

Close-up of the fabric. The other option of extra-long couch was a greenish color. We like the brown better... Even if it did come with like fifty pillows!

No comments: