Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

F is for...

F is for FATTY! and FELINE FETCH!

So I took Mr Winks to the vet today for his "new kitty" checkup to make sure he's healthy and all that.  The vet confirmed that he is a heifer, but not by much.  She says that he's not too fat, since he is larger-framed cat; but since he is a young kitty still, it's best that he lose a little bit of weight.  If he's a fat kid, he'll be a fat adult. (THE OBESITY EPIDEMIC ACROSS AMERICA IS SPREADING TO THE KITTIES!!! EEK!!)

The vet said to cut back his food a little bit and to make sure he gets his exercise.  She suggested that I take his dinner portion and toss it across the room .... kibble by kibble.  She said that her kitties like to do that every once in a while for dinner.  Kitty gets his exercise and eats slower, so it diminishes the chunk-belly in two ways!  (Now, I just need someone to do this for me!  Toss bites of steak across the room and make me chase it.  Haha)



We've been doing this most of the evening, and I can assuredly say that the kitty knows when the camera is out & running.  He's quite boring when I am filming him, and AS SOON as I put the camera away (LITERALLY the next throw) he will do something crazy and spastic.  Boooooo!




Above: The perils of the bouncing kibbles.

No comments: