Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

G is for...

G is for Great Ideas (said sarcastically) !  Recently we have had a spate of great ideas ... and I am at a loss for a "G" item, so this post might seem a little weak.  I apologize.  Moving on.

John and I have had two Great Ideas recently, and they are both coming back to bite us in the butt.  A few weeks ago, we looked up and said, "Why are we both paying for personal training sessions with the same trainer on the same day?  Why don't we go for a partner session, which is cheaper (per hour) than the individual sessions?"  Well, Fletcher said he would do a partner session with us, but he'd want to bump it up to a full hour.  We've been at our full-hour sessions for a week now, truthfully, the thrill has worn off!  Monday was a leg day, so I easily outpaced John in endurance (he felt bad and wondered why we signed up for a full hour).  Wednesday was arms & abs, and I hated every minute of it because I admittedly have no ab strength and the upper body power of a hamster.  Then, with my triceps still in searing pain from Wednesday ("It burns & stretches!"), we moved right into dead-lift Fridays.... with the added bonus of Fletcher purposefully trying to hurt us because he will be out of town on Easter Monday and we will not have a session.  Take it from me, you do NOT want your trainer to go out of town; he will only hurt you!!!  So, I sit here on Sunday, back in pain & arms still hurting, wondering who's crack-headed idea was it to move up to a full hour work-out session!


The other Great Idea we've had was John's, and I have no idea what prompted it.  Anyway, John went out and got us a chin-up bar.  Having a chin-up bar in your house means you have to use it!  ... 'Nuff said.


And if that doesn't cut it for you, G can also be for gray face.  A sleepy gray face.

No comments: