Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Me = Pickiness

Yay! John and I went engagement ring-shopping today to see how hard I am to shop for... or something like that.  Whatever.  Anyway, we found three so far that I like. 


At Kay:

Kay was a little hard to find something for me because I'm not totally sold on having diamonds down the sides of the band.  I like the plainer bands to accentuate the stones better, rather than hiding the main stone in the midst of the all this crap on the band.  Eh.  Personal preferences.


And at Zales, there were two that I liked:
 This is a solitaire with a wrap-around do-dah.  Just enough to be different from a regular solitaire.



 This is a three-stone that has swooshy thingies coming up from the band to form the setting.  Again, plainer (i.e. not tacky), but just a little unusual.  I find that I am walking the fine line between "plain and boring" and "god-awful tacky & decadent."  Sigh.  I want it to be unique but not horrific.  Is that too much to ask?

No comments: