Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camera malfunction

Stupid camera! grrrr..... I am so saddened by my camera. Since about last December (I noticed it starting at Lara's wedding because there was a lot of need for many cameras then), my camera has slowly been dying and it angers me. There has been a steady progression of it not recognizing the batteries put into it, such that now it won't even turn on... even with fresh, new batteries there is not enough juice to turn on! :( I am so sad / angry becuase it's only about two and a half years old and it has totally pooped out on me. Technology should last longer than that.

So the other week when I was in Lynchburg, we were passing a Ritz camera shop in the mall, and we stopped in to ask if they do repairs. They do. So I asked roughly how much it would be. They pulled out the big book of pricing, and for my camera model it would be $250 to repair! >:O What the heck! I can buy a whole new camera for that much.

Now I am in a quandary because I can't think of too many other places that would repair a digital camera... and I definitely can't afford buying a new camera / fixing mine for that much. :(

Thankfully, I have caught up on taking pictures of knitting projects because Lara told me that you can get a CD of pictures when you develop a disposable camera. So I got a little cheap camera, took a LOT of pictures in one night, then I dropped it off this morning to be developed. Except that I am just getting the digital copies of the pictures, not any prints. Which seems funny to me.

Does anyone know a place that fixes cameras?

No comments: