Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mom's Scottish Sweater

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!! THE EVIL SWEATER IS DONE! Whoo ha! ...Well, it really was done a month ago, but that whole "camera dying" episode has left me without a picture of it to post. I now have a picture, thus I post. :D


Mom was very specific that she didn't want any "bra fat" so I made it as fitted as possible without being too tight, and I think it turned out fabulously, if I do say so myself. :) Momma seems to like it to, except that she asked for it to be 3/4 length sleeves right before the summer heat came! She is anxious to be able to wear it out in public.


And I LOVE how the colors flow down the sweater! The color is called "Canyon" from Blue Heron Yarns's Mercerized Cotton; and since you have to hold it double, the colors blend really well together. I personally think that holding the yarn double makes the blue more noticeable, because when the blue bits line up it's very bright against the tan.

Overall, it was worth knitting the dang thing because it looks SO good now that it's finished. I just had to keep reminding myself that as I knit it. :)

No comments: