Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Sunday, July 6, 2008

MOVIE REVIEW: Lucky Number Slevin

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Yes, there is a bit of foul language and there are some boobs visible (I forgot about those when I got Mom to watch it with me -oops), but I think the plot twists are too much fun, and therefore make up for a lot of transgressions in my book.



Here's the Netflix summary:
An identity mix-up places an innocent man in the middle of a mob war in this
noir crime thriller. While checking out his missing friend Nick's apartment, Slevin (Josh Hartnett) is mistaken for Nick by thugs. Just how much trouble is Nick really in?! Slevin finds out when he's forced to participate in a high-profile murder for a powerful crime boss. The top-notch cast includes Lucy Liu, Morgan Freeman, Ben Kingsley and Bruce Willis.

... and I can't describe the plot any more without giving away too much. It's a very twisty story. :) The best kind, dontchya know. I purposefully don't try to guess plot twists, unlike a certain boyfriend of mine, so I finished my first viewing wanting to go again and pick up all the clues. I'm sure someone could guess the movie from the start when all the clues are laid out, but you definitely have more fun just going for the ride.


I think my favorite part was Lucy Liu as Nick's neighbor; she's completely crazy, but the happy kind, so she's amusing. And Josh Hartnett wanders about in a purple towel for a good chunk of the movie (the thugs interrupt him after his shower so he clenched his knees a lot, heehee). Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley are the rival mob bosses, and they are superb... as can be expected. The acting all around was very well-done.

Truth be told, Black Dahlia was so bad that I immediately pulled this out of my movie collection so I could get in my mind a good Josh Hartnett movie. I laughed at myself because I was about to watch Sin City as well, but it was too late at night.

No comments: