Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Friday, July 25, 2008

O is for...

O is for oran shuish! Or orange juice, either one. Since about middle school I have been a self-proclaimed orange juice addict. And to make it worse, I am picky. I really only want Twopicana Puhr Pwemium (as we call it, being an insane family). Not that concentrate stuff, and surely not that "orange beverage" you get in the gallon jug. So, yes, because my mommy loves me, we usually have a big thing of orange juice right next to the milk. Yay, Mommy!

This picture is from middle school (when I first started my Tropicana-only-please crusade), and I received a carton for my birthday. I'm happy as a clam, needless to say. :)


O is for "oran shuish" because of my comic-book-dorkiness. In "Sounds of Violence," a Green Arrow graphic novel, younger GA Connor gets shot up pretty badly and is rushed to the hospital. Older GA Ollie is a match for blood donation, so he gets pumped pretty low, and is subsequently pretty loopy. I have scanned in a few panels below so you can see for yourself:

Normally, for those of you not in the know, Ollie looks like this: all superhero and bad-ass. He's not used to being sick and vulnerable. Which is why I think the oran shuish scene is great.


Yes, I already know I am a dork. :)

No comments: