Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Miscellaneous Works in Progress


My fingerless gloves that started all the craze for gloves amongst my friends. Though now I am adding the lower fingers back on, a la Knitty's Cigar Smoking Gloves. Tofutsies # 722. I love 'em. Gloves are so easy to knit, and people are so amazed by you knitting them. It's a win-win situation: you look fancy, but don't have to exert yourself too much. :)



John's double knit hat (one layer Tofutsies #732, one layer alpaca) was greatly admired by his dad, so I am making one for his dad too. This time Tofutsies and Sublime Merino. I am still undecided if I like how it is perfectly striping like that. We shall see when it's all done. (Yes, that is Frank's face peeking in the picture down at the bottom of the frame. He became interested in all these things I was playing with on the floor and decided to come investigate.)

Little white sweater shrug from an out-of-date, on-sale pattern book. :) I thought I was being clever by taking a picture with the pattern in it, but you can't really see the pattern can you? Sorry about that. Anyways, I am using Plymouth's Dreambaby DK for the body, and Sirdar's Snuggly Bubbly (also in white) for the accents that are tan in the original. Yes, I did raid the baby yarns for this one; where else can you get cheap, machine washable, and soft? The sad news is that I am most likely going to have to pull it all out. The pattern calls for the yarn held treble, and I held mine double, but I think it's still too thick for acrylic to be worn without sweating to death. That is why this one has been put aside.

My first and only pair of socks. I'm not like other people who are very anti-doublepoints, I just don't see a need to knit socks. I don't know what to do with them when I am done! Socks are MUCH cheaper to buy in a store, and sock yarns can be used for so much more than socks (see above gloves and hats, haha). Other projects display the pretty colors better than socks do. So I signed up for our sock class just to learn how. I got past the heel on both socks, then was distracted by the lace shawl class. (I knew that if I put down the big lace rectangle, I would never pick it back up! So I powerhoused my way through the shawl without doing anything else. I know, that's really rare for me.) So now my socks sit on needle, alone and forgotten, because I jsut don't care if they get finished. I need to finish them, if for no other reason than the principle of it all!

No comments: