Knitty Batty

Started to show friends a new pair of shoes, but expanded to include updates on my knitting and important events, as well as ramblings on life, the universe, and everything. (If you can't see a picture, click on it to make it bigger!)

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stripey Baby Blanket

LOOK! It's a pink snake!


haha, No really, it's the start of a baby blanket. This one is striped (see title) with the variegated yarn, then pink, variegated, purple, variegated, pink... etc. etc. I've got a few more rows done than what the picture shows, and it looks really good. :) This is a demo model for the store, so I am a little mad that I have to follow the pattern exactly because I feel wider stripes would be easier to knit. For example, make the pink and purple stripes double-wide in between the variegated rows. But, you have to follow the pattern PERFECTLY with models because people come in to the store, see it, then want it, and you need to be able to sell them the pattern so they can get what they want. It makes sense, but I have never followed a pattern so closely before in my life! It's weird!
I'll be sure to post a picture when I get it all finished. I think it'll look really nice. And it's SO soft!

No comments: